EPDM rubber is a terpolymer of ethylene, propylene and diene monomers.
O-rings manufactured from EPDM exhibit an excellent resistance to weathering and ozone, water and steam.
General purpose EPDM O-rings are manufactured using a sulphur based curing system, these are suitable for use up to +120°C whereas peroxide cured
O-rings can be used up to +150°C. EPDM is particularly useful when sealing in brake systems that use fluids having a glycol (Dot 3 and 4) or silicone base (Dot 5).
Polymax peroxide cured EPDM O-rings have a series of approvals including ACS, WRAS, KTW, EN 681-1. Please contact us for further information.
- Standard EPDM up to 120°C (Intermittant)
- Peroxide Cured up to 150°C
- Down to -30°C
- Hot water and steam up to 149°C with special compounds up to 260°C
- Glycol based brake fluids (Dot 3 & 4) and silicone-based brake fluids (Dot 5) up to 149°C
- Many organic and inorganic acids
- Phosphate-ester based hydraulic fluids (HFD-R)
- Silicone oil and grease
- Many polar solvents (alcohols, ketones, esters)
- Ozone, aging and weather resistant
- Mineral oil products (oils, greases and fuels)
Recommended temperature range -20°C to 120°C
Not compatible with:
Non-standards & Approvals
We are able to supply specially compounded O-rings. Contact us for further information +44 (0)14204 72000.
Use the quick search to find your EPDM O-rings and buy online.