FKM (Viton®) O-rings have excellent chemical resistance and can be used at temperature range of between 15°C and 200°C. Although generally more expensive than NBR (Nitrile) O-rings, FKM has found wide acceptance in the aircraft, automotive and chemical industries.
The terms FPM, FKM and Viton® can lead to incorrect interpretations. These designations stand for one single base material: fluorocarbon rubber.
Polymax is also able to supply specially compounded FKM O-rings meeting Norsok M710, FDA, USP Class VI, UL94 V0, EN549, Viton® A, B, G, GF, GLT, GFLT, ETP standards on special request. Please contact us for further information.
- Up to 200°C (Intermittent)
- Down to -15°C
- Mineral oil and grease, ASTM oil No. 1, and IRM 902 and IRM 903 oils
- Non-flammable hydraulic fluids (HFD)
- Silicone oil and grease
- Mineral and vegetable oil and grease
- Aliphatic hydrocarbons (butane, propane, natural gas)
- Aromatic hydrocarbons (benzene, toluene)
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons (trichloroethylene and carbon tetrachloride)
- Gasoline (including high alcohol content)
- High vacuum
- Very good ozone, weather and aging resistance
- Glycol based brake fluids
- Ammonia gas, amines, alkalis
- Superheated steam
- Low molecular weight organic acids (formic and acetic acids)
Recommended temperature range -10°C to +180°C
Not compatible with:
Non-standards & Approvals
We are able to supply specially compounded O-rings. Contact us for further information +44 (0)14204 72000.
Use the quick search to find your FKM O-rings and buy online.