Stable Mat - Frequently Asked Questions
How will my horse benefit?
Mother nature did not design the horse to withstand hard concrete floors, rather its natural environment is the outdoors with resilient surfaces. Our MaxMat stable mat tries to mimic the natural outdoors by providing a softer resilient surface which will also provide insulation to your horse from the cold concrete floor.
- Less strain on back and hips.
- Less bedding means lower dust levels, which can avoid long term respiratory problems in your horse.
- Non-organic rubber environment slows proliferation of bacteria, thus providing a healthier environment for you horse.
What thickness of the rubber mat should I choose?
Our 17mm thick rubber matting (weighing Approx. 45kg) (MM002 and MM007) provide the best thermal insulation, long lasting hard wearing surface and are ideal for your stable requirements. For your horse boxes or trailers our 10mm MaxMat MM008 should be suitable.
A word of caution though: a lot of so called '17mm' rubber mats in the market, actually have base thickness of only 14mm or 15mm, the rest of the height being made up by designs such as dimples or studs.
Obviously, as compared to our Max Mat you get a lot less rubber for your money!!
There are so many mats in the market: Why should I choose Max Mat?
Three simple words: Quality, Cost and Service
- Max Mats are heavy duty and are made of genuine thick rubber compound; ask for a sample and compare for your self.
- As you can see from our product range Polymax is a technical rubber parts supplier, unlike many of our competitors and we bring years of knowledge of designing rubber compounds into the production of our mats
- Our mats are guaranteed against any manufacturing defect, for your complete peace of mind
- Unbiased, friendly and helpful sales team
How will it ease my stable management?
‘Mucking out’ times greatly reduced since you will be using only a fifth of your current requirement of bedding. Any soiled or soaked bedding can now be easily removed, thus saving you precious time to spend with your horse.
How much bedding do I need to use with MaxMat stable mats?
Our experience has been that stable owners have reduced consumption of bedding by up to 75% without compromising on the comfort of their horse.
How can I place an order?
Please call our dedicated sales team on 01420 474123 (Mon-Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm) or fax to 01420 487816. Pay by card or cheque.
How soon can I get the delivery?
MaxMat stable mats are usually dispatched within 24 hours after receipt of payment (Please allow 4 working days for cheque's to clear)
Once ordered these mats will be dispatched on a '2-3 Working Day Economy' service. We can offer a 'Next Working Day' for an extra charge.
Can I get MaxMats delivered on the day of my choosing ?
AM deliveries of MaxMats cost an extra £10 per consignment. Timed deliveries between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm cost an extra £ 15.00. Saturday deliveries cost an extra £ 35 per consignment.